How to Boost Your Home's Curb Appeal
Friday Jun 11th, 2021
Ideally, you would like buyers to wait until they've viewed your whole property before they judge it. However, the reality is, buyers start forming an impression of your home as soon as they see it from the curb. So, it pays to do everything you can to improve your property's "curb appeal".
Here are some ideas:
- You can improve the impact of your landscaping by trimming hedges, removing any unsightly weeds, and cutting the grass. Planting just a few fresh flowers can make a big impact.
- If your main entrance door is old, a fresh coat of paint will make it look like new. In some cases, the effect is significant.
- Remove any items that might distract the buyer from forming a good first impression. For example, garbage cans, stored items along the side of the property, etc.
- Make sure the curtains and blinds on your front windows are open during viewings. That will make your home look more friendly and appealing.
- If your driveway has grease stains and other blemishes, consider renting a power washer and giving the driveway a thorough cleaning.
- Clean your front windows. If possible, also clean the exterior panes.